Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Summer Fun!

We went to the Iowa State Fair which is one of the "musts" to do around here.  We had a good time mostly because we had been cooped up for so long because I wasn't feeling so well.  This was about the turning point of my morning sickness!  Finally!  The fair is really big with lots of fried foods which didn't sound too great.  Our favorite part is probably the animals.  Iylie had her first corn dog and loved it!  Last year she had cotton candy for the first time and now thinks it's one of the food groups:)
Farmer Dille:)

Yes I am pregnant but No this is not me:)  This is a boar and it was huge!



We had a great fourth of July with some more visitors!  My Parents came to visit that night which was so nice!  Especially since I hadn't announced I was pregnant.  I knew I was pregnant in Utah but it wasn't a good time to announce with my sister's wedding and all.  So my mom and dad came to visit and I told them they wouldn't regret it!  They found one of Iylie's dolls in the oven:)  and knew right away what was going on!  We went to the parade with our good friends the Cooks and it was so HOT!  Poor little Iylie had a rough time.  We brought a spray bottle to try and cool her down.  She sat in the stroller in the shade and whenever the cars would come by she would try and make her way over but the older kids would get all the candy.  She would cry and I would laugh cause she was trying so hard but was so hot!  The candy was melted that's how hot it was!!  At one point though I stole some candy right out of the hands of some kids:)  I couldn't believe I did it but it was just my motherly instinct I guess, just trying to protect and care for my young, they were in her spot that's okay right?!







No comments: