Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The church is true!! Kansas City & Nauvoo!!

My friend Ashley and I went down to the Kansas City Temple open house.  We stayed with some great company who go by the name of President and Sister Keyes whom I love so much!  We had such a neat experience going through.  Uncle Don was the tour guide for some of the descendants of Joseph Smith.  Some were members but the majority of them weren't.  The spirit I felt as we walked with them through the temple and as I listened to my uncle bear such a deep sweet testimony of the sacred building was indescribable!  Even though I was a member it was so neat to hear about the duties of each of the rooms from another perspective!  I will never forget that day especially because I felt the spirit so strong and then that night as we drove home we were almost caught in my first tornado!  I have never felt fear as strong as that before it was crazy!  I had such a high and low that day!  As I sat in my closet, helpless, with little Iylie I just prayed that's all I could do at that point.  We were obviously okay but let me tell you that I made sure we had our 72 hour kits up and going the next week!





In May we had some more visitors come to see us and this time we bribed them into going to Nauvoo since we're pretty close.  I love that place!  Brett's parents, Grandparents, and aunt all made their way to visit. It was such a sweet trip especially being there with Brett's cute Grandparents.  They wanted to go on one last big trip and they chose to go to Nauvoo so it was pretty special!  They did their family history and found an ancestor named David Buel Dille who had property right there in Nauvoo.  He was a stonecutter for the temple and we were able to get a four generation picture standing right on his property.  We also took a picture from his view of the temple!  Such an amazing spirit there and priceless memory.  We had such a great time and I keep telling everyone that this has been my mission out here.  I feel there is a reason we were suppose to come to Iowa probably to strengthen my testimony!  There is so much church history out this way and I'm a visual person so to see all of these places and to feel what the pioneers before us went through has truly touched me!

I just love my mother-in-law!  Especially for raising a great guy:)

Joseph Smith's home

Four Generations on Dille property in Nauvoo!

David Buel Dille's view of the temple

Aren't these two the cutest?  Great Grandma and Grandpa Dille:)

These two are best buds for sure!



No comments: